Merchant Account Comparison: Best Credit Card Processors UK
Obtaining a merchant account as early as possible is crucial to your business success. Where can you find honest merchant account comparison to rely on? Just go on reading and you’ll know where.
Payment Processing in the UK
The UK Cards Association reports that debit cards account for about 70% of card payments in the UK and credit cards for approximately 30%.Moreover, contactless payments are also on the rise.
The use of biometric security is gaining more importance globally.Also, facial recognition, eye and voice recognition, as well as digital fingerprinting have entered the market. Besides, cryptocurrencies are also becoming more prominent in 2018.
Today, you can find so many credit card processing companies in the market that you can’t make your choice easily. These companies offer different pricing, flexibility, customer service, equipment offerings, as well as mobile credit card processing capabilities.
Quite naturally, all these innovations and various services are making payment processing for small businesses and others more complicated.That’s where reputable payment experts or comparison companies come into play. Let’s move forward and learn more in this regard.
Merchant Account Comparison to Find the Best Provider
First, let’s see how you can find a reputable merchant account comparison company in the UK. Well, a true payment expert should offer you free consultation, reviews of contracts, rates, as well as fees.
Also, a reputable comparison company should provide you with the most honest snapshot of the company at the time of writing. Besides, it should check each merchant account provider’s integration process so to ensure you’re enjoying a smooth transition and onboarding process.
Now, lets focus on the top 5 merchant account providersin the UK:
- PayPal UK
- Most popular choice, which is easy to set up
- Fees as low as 1.9% + 20p per transaction
- Faster checkout without the need to enter your debit/credit card details eachtime
- International payments acceptance in 25 currencies
- Mainly an eCommerce platform but allows for selling online and offline.
- Credit card fees as low as 1.6%
- A bespoke online store to sell online
- Shopify POS to sell offline
- A global leader in payments processing technology
- The leading dedicated merchant service provider in the UK
- Handles almost 42% of card payments in the UK
- Flexible pricing plans
- Full merchant account solutions
- A popular online payment solution featuring a complete commerce toolkit
- Advanced functionality
- Fees of 1.4% + 20p for European credit/debit cards
- Fees of 2.9% + 20p for non-European credit/debit cards
- Payment Acceptance in 135+ currencies
- A relatively affordable solution for businessesinterested in accepting face-to-face card payments only
- Mobile card reader from only £19
- Flat fee of just 1.75%
- No contracts or fixed monthly costs
To be able to easily compare rates and fees and find out what payment processor is the best option for you, just work with a respectable comparison company in the UK.
Author Bio: Payment industry expert Taylor Cole is a passionate merchant account expert who understands the complicated world of accepting credit and debit cards at your business. His understanding of the industry and merchant account comparison has helped thousands of business owners save money and time.